formerly Kamera To My Eye

13 September 2010

don't dream it's over


As I got back in the car that night out front of the restaurant, I had an overwhelming feeling at that very moment.

I realized I was never going to see that girl again.

It hit me like a moment of clarity. A wind-sucking blast to the chest that I could only figure was a gut-feeling. Afterall, it was all a fluke, chance meeting anyways. There was no reason, no recourse and certainly no insurance for such an arrangement. No, no, this was certainly the last time.

Without much pause I decided to push through and went to turn on the car, when I then turned on the radio for the first time, because, well, times like these call for music.

At which point, I heard this song. And my eyes began to well.

In that very moment, the song which had literally just started and whose first guitar strum I immediately recognized, I realized something very comforting. So incredulously uplifting and encouraging.

Maybe I would see her again.

Maybe, just maybe, it was all just beginning instead.