formerly Kamera To My Eye

13 June 2010

No Atlantis is too underwater or fictional.


Ok, so apparently it's June.

Yeah.

So we're two weeks into this summer program and I'm still as happy as I could be. I think this group of kids is, in some ways, better than last years. I think most of that is because I'm more prepared and equipped to be the mentor/friend/teacher to these kids.

I can't believe, though, that there are only 4 weeks in this program left. Before I know it, it's going to be over and before I know it again I'll be in Maine for a month and a half.

World Cup has been fun. Pleased with the draw against England yesterday--would have preferred the win and three points, but I'll take a tie with the Brits. Someone described it best today, "it'd be like the London handegg nancies tying up the game after 4 quarters against the 2003 New England Patriots." So yeah, I'll take that.

Game 5 of the Finals tonight. Go Celts! This team has most definitely become an extension of my pride for UK. Having Rondo as a the big guy right now does not hurt.

Been doing a lot of running, biking and lifting lately. I've decided I'm tired of not being in the shape I used to be--I want to look as good as I feel. Shallow? Not when it comes to prepping for one's long-term health.

I'm excited for the Half-Life related announcement tomorrow, Fallout New Vegas in the fall, Hal0:Reach and just next week iPhone OS 4.0. It's always nice to refresh something you do/use daily.

Jeff Van Gundy scares me. I think he was a super villain in a past life.

To listening to Noah & the Whale - Five Years Time on repeat countless times. I just can't shake you out of my head, and somethings starting to really tell me that maybe there's a reason for that. Just give me a sign.