formerly Kamera To My Eye

06 June 2010

I put a bullet in my Kia Lorenzo, a kitchen knife fucked in my face

I really feel great.

Like something of a re-charge of the ol' batteries. I think going home for a very long Memorial weekend-- Thursday to Monday--did a whole lot of good. I hadn't been home since christmas--so that's right, it had been 5 months since I'd been home. Definitely the longest I've ever gone from visiting home. It was just flat great too.

I miss my, pardon this use of an adjective, "old" friends so much. Boyd, Lena, and Seth are some of the greatest people I will ever know and it's such a pleasure to spend time with them. Bonfired it up Saturday and Sunday night, went on ridiculous drives to Ironton blasting ABBA and trying to contain a meth-fueled Seth--that's right, it was that bad.

Driving back to Nashville on Monday was therapeutic as it was cleansing. Getting home was about as rejuvenating as one can handle and the drive gave me plenty of time to collect my thoughts, my feelings and some misplaced aggressions I've been harboring. Though, not misplaced now, they are certainly still quite aggressive.

A new batch of summer high school students have arrived in my lab, and for the second summer in a row I'm playing the responsible teacher/mentor/friend to 12 very diverse and very interesting high schoolers and six undergrads from Vandy and TSU. Last summer I came into this experience with a lot of doubts; I had a great sense of longing for a place to land, and my mind was erratic. A year later, I've at least found a great place to land. Whereas I was scared shitless last summer being a mentor for high schoolers, I was excited this go-around and I'm so happy with this group. I really think I've clicked with all of them, and I could NOT be any happier to be any where on this planet.

Still holding out on that Felt Z100. Soon, though, soon.

New Band of Horses is just fan-fucking-tastic. You're a plain-ol' loser if you haven't made love to this album.

Ok, iPhone OS 4.0 can come any day now. I'm ready.

To the one I wronged, I'm sorry. To the one who wronged me, that was most certainly the last time. To the cute cashier chick at my grocery store, thank you for flirting with me last time I was in. You easily made my week that much better.

That's a pretty good "To" list, me thinks.