formerly Kamera To My Eye

05 May 2010

It's the one that keeps happening over and over and over again

Despite overwhelmingly disheartening turn of events, I've really found a comfortable way to be happy as of late.

I've done quite a bit the past few weeks. And it's been good to be busy. Nashville is under water, but in all reality the vast majority of the city is perfectly unaffected. Myself included. I hopped out of town to go home to Kentucky for Derby weekend and that was pertinently awesome.

Friday we camped out, roasted kielbasa, drank lime Jim & Cokes, enjoyed some swings and chatted aimlessly in the night. Jeff and I definitely stayed up well-past sunrise and finally decided to get some sleep just seconds before it started to positivelyy downpour. All of us were (I would say crammed, but that was not the case) in a single tent. A ri-god-damn-diculously big tent. I promise 15 people could have slept reasonably comfortably.


Then it continued to rain. And continued. Until I made it back to Nashville late Sunday night. Where I found the devastation of the flooding. Ugh. No it's isn't Katrina, but it's bad.

I feel like the only apologist for Kristen Stewart on the planet. Granted Twilight happened--which I did actually see and didn't think was terrible, not that it's my cup of tea--but, shit, every time I watch Adventureland I fall in love all over again with her. Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I think she's genuinely modest and would be close to the coolest chick to hang out with in the world. Maybe I just want to secretly get a job at a Pittsburgh theme park and meet get stoned and fall in love with this chick.

All in all, I know things will work out--they always do. After all, this time last year I thought the floor was dropping out from under me, but I came to Nashville, fell in love, ended up with the greatest job, melted my heart in this incredible city and still managed to keep most of the most important things in my life, just there, in my life.

Of course, it only takes one thing to make you feel like it's all great or all terrible, but all the other good things are pretty damn good. Just keep on keepin' on, and stay positive.

Yep, I am the master of mixing mint juleps now. Maker's, fresh spearmint and pure joy.

Kentucky is just great. One day I'll be home, but today the world is my oyster.

To Nashville and finding your happiness.