formerly Kamera To My Eye

10 February 2010

Change, change, change.


Yes, it does seem that I have found a healthy (?) dose of change in the last day or so. Definitely did not want it, definitely did not deserve it, definitely am trying to be positive about it.



I think being positive is all it's cracked up to be. Why? Well, because, whenever I take the positivism approach I usually end up either indifferent or feeling OK about normally depressing events. So, here I go again.

Had a great weekend. Made it up to Berea--and by Berea I mean spending all of 3 hours in Berea and the rest in Richmond and Mt. Sterling (McCoy's place) where we watched UK demolish LSU and had one of the best nights in a LOOOONG time, respectively.

Speaking of that night. It was realllllly good. Also, one of the best drunken impromptu playings of Gin and Juice (the Gourds version) with myself on guitar, McCoy on bass and Hargis leading the choir to a rousing rendition. Fucking A it was good enough to have been in an Avett Brothers show.

Next weekend looks promising; that crew is most likely traversing to Nashville for some good times and maybe to see the UK vs. Vandy game. Who knows.

Langhorne Slim and Drive-By in Lexington in April. Countdown started.

Trey is at the Ryman in a couple weeks...fuck I need to get a ticket.

--end stream of thought--